- It was agreed that the four Standing Committees established by the States Parties will meet in Geneva the week of 8 to 12 May 2006.
- The following States Parties were selected to serve as the Standing Committees’ Co-Chairs and Co-Rapporteurs until the end of the Seventh Meeting of the States Parties:
- Mine Clearance, Mine-Risk Education and Mine-Action Technologies: Jordan and Slovenia (Co-Chairs); Chile and Norway (Co-Rapporteurs);
- Victim Assistance and Socio-Economic Reintegration: Afghanistan and Switzerland (Co-Chairs); Austria and Sudan (Co-Rapporteurs);
- Stockpile Destruction: Japan and the United Republic of Tanzania (Co-Chairs); Algeria and Estonia (Co-Rapporteurs);
- General Status and Operation of the Convention: Belgium and Guatemala (Co-Chairs); Argentina and Italy (Co-Rapporteurs).
- It was agreed that the Seventh Meeting of the States Parties (7MSP) would be held in Geneva from 18 to 22 September 2006 and that Australia would preside over the 7MSP.
- The offer made by Jordan to host and preside over the Eighth Meeting of the States Parties (8MSP) in 2007 was warmly welcomed.
- The report of the Director of the GICHD on the activities of the Implementation Support Unit (ISU) was noted.