Twentieth Meeting of the States Parties
Colombia was elected at the Nineteenth Meeting of the States Parties (19MSP) in November 2021 in The Hague. Colombia's Presidency began at the conclusion of the 19MSP and will conclude at the end of the Twentienth Meeting of the States Parties.
H.E. Alicia Victoria Arango Olmos was only the sixth woman to preside over a Meeting of the States Parties since the Convention began its formal meetings in 1999. Due to unforeseen personal circumstances, Ambassador Olmos resigned to the post. The States Parties were informed of her decision on 20 May 2022.
Prior to her departure however, Ambassador Olmos as President of the Convention led the Seventh Pledging Conference, and carried out other functions including universalization efforts.
To represent Colombia as President of the 20MSP, the States Parties accepted the nomination of H.E. Alvaro Enrique Ayala Melendez, Ambassador and Chargé d'Affaires of the Permanent Mission of Colombia to the UN in Geneva to replace Ambassador Olmos.
In addition to the 20MSP, Colombia presided over the following meetings in 2022:
- استخدام جديد مزعوم لأللغام المضادة لألشخاص من قبل ميانمار، اعتداء رهيب على العرف الدولي الذي يحظر استعمال تلك األلغام25 July 2022عربى
- 2022-PressRelease-Convention-President-mines-Ukraine-fr.pdf4 April 2022English
- Press Release Convention President concerned by new Myanmar report25 July 2022English
- Nouvel emploi présumé de mines antipersonnel par le Myanmar, serait une grave violation de la norme internationale25 July 2022Français
- Пресс: Президент Конвенции обеспокоен новым отчетом по Мьянме25 July 2022русский
- Comunicado: Presidente de la Convención preocupado por nuevo informe de Myanmar25 July 2022Español