Requests for extensions on mine clearance deadlines
The meeting considered requests for extensions of deadlines for the destruction of anti-personnel mines in mined areas in accordance with Article 5 that have been submitted by Niger, Ecuador and Peru.
Decision on Ukraine with regard to Article 5 obligations
The meeting, in the context of considering the operation and status of the Convention, took a decision on the situation of Ukraine with respect to the implementation of Article 5 obligations.
ISU audited financial statement and preliminary report on activities and finances
In accordance with the “Directive from the States Parties to the ISU” adopted by the 10MSP, the Implementation Support Unit introduced the ISU’s 2016 interim narrative and financial report and the ISU’s 2015 audited financial statement. The 15MSP approved the report as well as the ISU’s 2015 audited financial statement.
In accordance with the "Directive from the States Parties to the ISU” adopted by the 10MSP and the decisions of the 14MSP, the ISU Director presented a work plan and a budget for the activities of the ISU in 2017. The 15MSP approved this document.
Intersessional meetings 2017
The 15MSP agreed to hold the 2017 intersessional meetings on 8-9 June 2017 in Geneva.
The 15MSP agreed on the following eight States Parties serving a two-year term as new Committee members, starting at the end of the 15MSP:
• Committee on Article 5 Implementation: Chile and Switzerland;
• Committee on Cooperative Compliance: Iraq and the United Kingdom;
• Committee on Victim Assistance: Croatia and Ecuador;
• Committee on the Enhancement of Cooperation and Assistance: Algeria and Canada.
• Committee on Article 5 Implementation: Costa Rica and Zambia;
• Committee on Cooperative Compliance: Sweden and Peru;
• Committee on Victim Assistance: Colombia and Belgium;
• Committee on the Enhancement of Cooperation and Assistance: Uganda and the Netherlands.
The 15MSP agreed to hold the 16MSP during the week of 19 to 22 December 2017 in Vienna, Austria and that Austria be designated to preside over the 16MSP. The meeting adopted cost estimates for the 16MSP.