Tuesday 24 April & Friday 27 April
1. Opening of the meeting
The meeting was opened by its Co-Chairs, Markus Reiterer of Austria and Rahma Elobied of Sudan.
2. Status of implementation of the Convention in relation to victim assistance
The Co-Chairs also delivered a statement on the status of implentation of the Convention and the Nairobi Action Plan as it concerns the care, rehabilitation and reintegration of mine victims.
3. Updates from States Parties on the status of implementation
Of the 24 States parties that have reported the responsiblity for significant numbers of landmine survivors, the following provided updates on their efforts:
In addition, landmine survivors presented the International Campaign to Ban Landmines' Guiding Principles for Victim Assistance.
4. Cooperation and assistance in providing for the care, rehabilitation and reintegration of landmine survivors
The Co-Chairs provided an opportunity for updates by States Parties and organizations in a position to provide assistance for the care, rehabilitation and reintegration of landmine survivors. The following provided updates:
5. Update of the activities of victim assistance experts
6. Update on the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
Since the 7MSP, the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) was adopted and opened for signature in on 30 March 2007.
In addition, the following contributed to discussions on this matter:
7. Matters of a thematic nature related to victim assistance
8. Closing remarks by the Co-Chairs