Requests for extensions on mine clearance deadlines
The meeting will consider requests for extensions of deadlines for the destruction of anti-personnel mines in mined areas in accordance with Article 5 which have been / will be submitted by Angola, Ecuador, Iraq, Thailand, Ukraine and Zimbabwe.
ISU audited financial statement and preliminary report on activities and finances
In accordance with the “Directive from the States Parties to the ISU” adopted by the 10MSP, the Implementation Support Unit will introduce the ISU’s 2017 interim narrative and financial report and the ISU’s 2016 audited financial statement. The 16MSP will be asked to approve the report, as well as the ISU’s 2016 audited financial statement. These documents will be made available at a later date.
In accordance with the "Directive from the States Parties to the ISU” adopted by the 10MSP and the decisions of the 14MSP, the ISU Director will present a work plan and a budget for the activities of the ISU in 2018 for adoption by the 16MSP. This document will be made available at a later date.
Intersessional meetings 2018
The 16MSP will be asked to agree that the 2018 intersessional meetings take place on 7-8 June 2018.
The 16MSP will be asked to agree on the following eight States Parties serving a two-year term as new Committee members, starting at the end of the 16MSP:
• Committee on Article 5 Implementation: Colombia and the Netherlands;
• Committee on Cooperative Compliance: Poland and Zambia;
• Committee on Victim Assistance: Belgium and Mozambique;
• Committee on the Enhancement of Cooperation and Assistance: Sweden and Thailand.
• Committee on Article 5 Implementation: Chile and Switzerland;
• Committee on Cooperative Compliance: Iraq and the United Kingdom;
• Committee on Victim Assistance: Croatia and Ecuador;
• Committee on the Enhancement of Cooperation and Assistance: Algeria and Canada.
The 16MSP will be asked to agree that the 17MSP takes place on 26-30 November 2018 in Geneva and that H.E. Suraya Dalil, Ambassador of Afghanistan to Switzerland and the United Nations in Geneva is designated to preside over the 17MSP. The meeting will also be asked to adopt cost estimates for the 17MSP.