Eighth Pledging Conference
Click on the image to listen to the proceedings of the Eighth Pledging Conference.
On 24 March 2023, Germany as President of the Convention, held the Eighth Pledging Conference aiming to commit resources to the ISU 2023 work plan, the Convention's Sponsorship Programme, and costs of the Meetings of the States Parties.
The Conference was chaired by the President of the Twenty-First Meeting of the States Parties H.E. Thomas Göbel, Ambassador of the Republic of Germany to the Conference on Disarmament. The keynote address was delivered by H.E. Katja Keul Minister of State at the German Federal Foreign Office.
Other high-level statements included the one delivered by the State Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan H.E. TAKEI Shunsuke, and Senior Minister and First Vice President of the Cambodian Mine Action & Victim Assistance Authority H.E. LY Thuch.
A total of 37 delegations attended the Conference, including 27 States Parties, 2 States not party, and 8 international and non-governmental organisations including:
- Algeria, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Türkiye, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Zimbabwe.
States not party
- India and Lao PDR.
- Danish Refugee Council, European Union, Geneva Centre for Humanitarian Demining, International Campaign to Ban Landmines, International Committee of the Red Cross, Humanity and Inclusion, UN Office for Disarmament Affairs, and UN Mine Action Service.
The following presented pledges and/or statements
- Algeria, Austria, Belgium, Cambodia, Canada, Finland, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Türkiye, and Ukraine.
Danish Refugee Council, European Union, Geneva Centre for Humanitarian Demining, Humanity and Inclusion, International Campaign to Ban Landmines, International Committee of the Red Cross, and UN Mine Action Service.
- 8PC Algeria24 March 2023English
- 8PC Belgium24 March 2023English
- 8PC Cambodia24 March 2023English
- 8PC Canada en24 March 2023English
- 8PC Canada fr24 March 2023Français
- 8PC Finland24 March 2023English
- 8PC Italy24 March 2023
- 8PC Japan24 March 2023English
- 8PC Slovenia24 March 2023English
- 8PC Sponsorhsip Coordinator Australia24 March 2023English
- 8PC Sweden24 March 2023English
- 8PC Switzerland24 March 2023English
- 8PC Thailand24 March 2023English
- 8PC Thailand Chair Committee Cooperation and Assistance24 March 2023English
- 8PC Türkiye24 March 2023English
- 8PC Ukraine24 March 2023English